Science is ever changing. Sticking to fixed notions is like clinging to a past. Let it be any branch of science, we have to be open minded to analyze the evidence and accept the good things in it and discard the illogical things from it.
Remember the words of Albert Einstein, "Science must be explained as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Medicine like engineering is applied science. Homeopathy is the youngest of all medical faculties and it is growing. It is modern not only by its virtue of being young, but more importantly by the revolutionary medical philosophy that supports this science.
The "Voice of Good Science" is an independent movement dedicated to improve human health through initiating public health policy. It's objectives are three-fold
A. Differentiating Good Science from Bad Science
The consequences of good science as well as bad science are enormous. Therefore be careful in differentiating them. It's difficult but not impossible. For e.g. Andrew Wakefield’s research paper linking autism and vaccines was a landmark paper. While his work was appreciated, what about millions of children who were vaccinated before having this knowledge and may have contracted deadly illnesses as a result.
But how you can do that?
1. Sharpen your logic (both inductive and deductive) by healthy discussion, critical reasoning and rational thinking, not arguing. Argument is a lost battle.
2. Claims by Good Science must be tested, verified and results published in peer-review journals.
B. Promote Good Science
1. To play an active role in public debates, discussions and understanding about science.
2. To encourages everyone to have an informed choice about science-based medicine. Extraordinary cures requires extraordinary medicine.
3. To promote transparency in clinical trials by encouraging pharma companies not to withhold the data related to side effects of medicine and publish the results of clinical trials which will help the physician to make an evidence-based decision in the interest of patients.
C. Watch Bad Science (pseudo-science)
1. Science is under attack by s(k)eptics, who are cynics, fascists and atheists. It is often said that have nothing right in the left brain and nothing left in the right brain. They are dangerous to public health. Steer clear of quacks and their quackery.
But how to identify a quack?
Here's a post that will help you: The Lame Duck Award
2. Confront by debunking bad science
Stand up for Science. Follow Science. Stick to the Science.
A crusader for synergy between science and medicine